CENSUS OF ENGLAND AND WALES, 1871
DESCRIPTION OF ENUMERATION DISTRICT
[This description is to be written by the Enumerator from the Copy supplied to him by the Registrar. Any explanatory notes or observations calculated to the make the description cleareror more complete may be made by the Enumerator].Col. 1.Col. 2.
Part of the Ecclesiatical Parish of Hey – Including the
cottages at Dunkirk, Millbottom, with the cottages on the old road, from
there to Austerlands including Mary's Place, and adjoining houses– the
houses between the old and new roads, the whole of the houses, on the
new road, leading to Austerlands, from and including, Thomas Haigh's
houses, with those adjoining, the four houses at Hollins and up to Lower
– Fold at Austerlands– the Dove–Cote, Bank Farm and the
adjoining houses, Hey Vicarage, Taylor–Green, Mayall's Houses,
Thorpe Lane,– All in the Hamlet of Cross Bank.
The district of the Lees Local Board: Hey–Village, Sun–Hill, Calico
and all Hey Lane, St John's St, to, but not including, Samuel
Taylor's House—In the Ecclesiastical Parish of Hey–
In the Ecclesiastical Parish of Leesfield– Including Saml Taylor's house
“Devonshire Arms” Inn, the houses in Hey–Lane, opposite Taylor's
Factory, Victoria St, Shepley St, Ancoats St, and the whole of Benyon St
– All the houses on the north side of High Street, Lees from and
including the "Swan Inn", to and including Cooper's houses
at County–end, Chapel St, and Providence House.