CENSUS OF ENGLAND AND WALES, 1871
DESCRIPTION OF ENUMERATION DISTRICT
[This description is to be written by the Enumerator from the Copy supplied to him by the Registrar. Any explanatory notes or observations calculated to the make the description cleareror more complete may be made by the Enumerator].Col. 1.Col. 2.
Part of the Ecclesiastical District of Bardsley & Hamlet of Alt Hill
containing: 2 Houses at Cut End, the Houses at Tanpit field, Fairbottom,
Lower Alt Hill, Lower Fold, Higher Alt Hill, & the Cottages at
New Mill near Park Bridge.
Part of the Ecclesiastical District of Leesfield & Hamlet of Alt Edge
Containing the Farmhouse called the Fields, Cock Fields, Little Lea,
Wildmoor Leach, Boardman's, the Houses at Top of Lane, Lane Head,
Royal, High Knolls, Kiln, Thornley Brook, King Banks, Bank Mill, Flash,
Smithy, Knolls Lane, Near Birches, Far Birches, Birch Lea, Birch Villa,
The Beerhouse on the Ashton New Road & Birch Cottages.
The following are in the District of the Lees Local Board & in the
Hamlet of Alt Edge also: Birch House and Lodge, Taylors House & Astor Cottage
and all the Houses at Rhodes Hill. (End of the Hamlet of Alt Edge)
In the Hamlet of Lees, the District of the Lees Local Board and part of
the Parliamentary Borough of Oldham: The old Houses and 3 New
Houses at Honey Hill, The Houses at Tumbling Bank Terrace, all the
Houses at Milking Green on the South Side only of Hartshead Street
from Seville's Mill to & including the Houses called Brown House Green.