CENSUS OF ENGLAND AND WALES, 1881.
DESCRIPTION OF ENUMERATION DISTRICT
[This description is to be written by the Enumerator from the Copy supplied to him by the Registrar. Any explanatory notes or observations calculated to the make the descriptionclearer or more complete may be made by the Enumerator].Col. 1.Col. 2.
Part of the Ecclesiastical Parish of Bardsley
Containing the Houses at Cut End, Fairbottom, Lower
Alt Hill, Lowerfold, Higher Alt Hill, the Cottages at
New Mill near Park Bridge and the House near the Station.
All in the Ecclesiastical Parish of Bardsley, and
in the Hamlet of Alt Hill —
Part of the Ecclesiastical Parish of Leesfield
Containing the Farm Houses called The Fields, Cockfields,
Little Lea, Wildmoor Leach, Boardman's, the Houses at
Top of Lane, Lane Head, Royal, High Knolls, Kiln,
Thornley Brook, King Banks, Bank Mill, Flash, Smithy,
Knolls Lane, Near Birches, Far Birches, Birch Lea,
Birch Villa, Herbert Lees House at the New Road,
Birch Cottages and James Dixon's House all in the Hamlet
of Alt Edge–Birch House and Lodge, Rhodes Hill Houses
and all the Houses at Rhodes Hill in the District of
the Lees Local Board:—
George Armitages Houses in Hartshead Street, the old Houses
and three new Houses at Honey Hill, then the Houses at Tumbling
Bank, and all the Houses at Milking Green on the South Side
only of Hartshead Street from Milking Green Mill to
and including the Houses called Brown House Green in the
Hamlet of Lees: in the District of the Lees Local Board; and part
of the Parliamentary Borough of Oldham.