CENSUS OF ENGLAND AND WALES, 1881.
DESCRIPTION OF ENUMERATION DISTRICT
[This description is to be written by the Enumerator from the Copy supplied to him by the Registrar. Any explanatory notes or observations calculated to the make the descriptionclearer or more complete may be made by the Enumerator].Col. 1.Col. 2.
Part of the Ecclesiastical Parish of Leesfield
Commencing at the Large House on the West side of
Lees Brook containing 4 Dwellings, all the Houses on the
north side of High Street, Lees, beginning at the East Side
of the brook at the bridge, and including Brook Lane,
Nicholson Street, New Street, Booth Street, Cross Street
Taylor Street, Mellor Street, Elliott Street, up to but not
including the Devonshire Arms Inn, and all the Houses
thence to the bottom of Hey Lane at the corner of the Swan
Inn. All the Houses on the South side of High Street, Lees
beginning at the East Side of the brook and including
Burton Street, Springside House and Cottages, Spring
Lane, as far as the well, with Shaw's Houses opposite,
all the Houses in Catherine Street, Warrington Street, Princess Street,
Police Station, Stamford Street,Lees Square, Thomas Street Leesfield
Vicarage, Church Street, Albert Place, Sevilles Place, Barnfold
Hughfold, Wellfield House and Lodge, both sides of Hartshead
Street from the Top of Smithy Brow to Booths Mill at County End.
The the South side of Hartshead Street to and including
William Kershaw's House, Willows, then all the Houses on the
south side of Hoyle High Street from the Smithy to
County End Mill including Bracewell Street and Andrew Street.
All in the Hamlet of Lees in the District of the
Lees Local Board; and part of the Parliamentary
Borough of Oldham.